Integrity … Honesty … Compassion
In today’s ever changing healthcare environment, these qualities have become the cornerstone of success, both as a company and individuals. For over 27 years, RCA has employed dedicated patient advocates assisting both the hospitals and patients we serve. We are currently looking to add to our superior team with people who have an inherent ability to recognize the human element of the healthcare environment while working quickly and efficiently.
Candidates must show a true and genuine desire to help people. Responsibilities include daily communication with patients, client hospital and agencies in the pursuit of obtaining coverage for patient bills through the approval of 3rd party assistance programs (Medicaid, Medicare, Disability, Crime Victims, etc.). This is achieved through eligibility screening, application completion, documentation gathering and appointment scheduling while consistently notating and updating appropriate systems.
· Adhering to all applicable state and federal regulations in regards to patient’s protection health information
· Possessing strong written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to constantly provide superior customer service to all patients, hospital staff, agency workers and co-workers.
· Desire to reflect the values of Resource Corporation of America and exceed those of our client hospitals
· Must be self-motivated, dependable and adaptable
Ideal candidates will possess the following qualifications:
· A minimum of 2 years Customer Service experience, preferably in a healthcare setting or similar industry
· Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
· Ability to interact and communicate properly with people through multiple communication methods including face-to-face, telephone and email.
· Demonstrated use of office equipment including phone, fax, computers, email
· Ability to type 30 wpm
Additional desired qualifications (not required) include:
· Prior Medicaid experience
· Prior Insurance Verification experience
· Prior experience working with hospital systems (i.e EPIC, Cerner, Citrix)
RCA offers a competitive benefits package that includes but is not limited to medical insurance, supplemental (dental, vision, disability, accident, etc.), compensated time off, paid holidays, 401k, flexible spending accounts and telemedicine consultations. Additional benefits include discounts on wireless phone service, travel discounts, home/auto insurance and much much more!